Online classes and videoconferencing tools can provide a solution so that students can continue with their lessons during the closure of schools, institutes, and universities due to the pandemic outbreak. Video meeting tools such as Zoom or StreamYard allow quarantined users to continue attending class or work. Students and teachers must use one of the many videoconferencing or communication tools in the group that already exists.
If necessary, these are some of the best communication tools to teach online classes and make meeting event virtually:
It is a platform for videoconferences and webinars (prerecorded classes broadcast online). Zoom has group chat, meeting recording, screen sharing function, virtual whiteboard (a blank whiteboard for writing or drawing), a virtual background that allows you to place images without using a chroma, integration with Google calendar, and live streaming mode on Facebook Live and YouTube. It is a very complete and widely used tool in the professional environment for interviews and video conferences.
- Gallery view: The screen is divided into frames (with a maximum of 49) and all the participants in the meeting are shown.
- Speaker View: In this mode, you can only see the speaker or your computer screen if you have this function active.
- Video: With the icon of a video camera, it allows you to configure the video with the same options as the sound.
- Invite: This option allows you to invite other people to the meeting by sending a link or the ID, the identification number, and the meeting.
- Participants: This section shows all the participants in the meeting and allows you to see if they have the video or sound active.
- Share screen: From here, you can share the screen with the rest of the participants. You also have an option to create a virtual whiteboard.
- Chat: An element of written communication that allows you to ask the speaker questions or communicate with other participants, both in a general chat and in private.
- Record: All meetings at Zoom can be recorded. With this button, you can record, pause, and resume recording.
Skype is a much more call-centric tool, offering crystal-clear sound and pictures even on older computers. Skype does not provide as many participatory tools as the rest, but despite this, it is a very accessible app, especially for users with low-quality Internet connections. Also, Skype allows integration with other Microsoft tools such as Teams, Outlook, or OneDrive.
- New dark interface
Those who like dark mode in Windows 10 would be glad to know that Skype is completely revamped with a sleek dark interface that makes it look amazing. Aside from being simply eye-catching, it’s fast and loads fast.
- Actionable notifications
Microsoft has been promoting this feature for most communication applications developed using the UWP guidelines. Incorporating the same in Skype allows you to reply to messages directly from the notification without even having to open the application.
- Built-in Skype bots
Earlier this year, at the annual Build conference, Microsoft announced Skype Bots, a revolutionary paradigm shift for various businesses to engage with consumers at large. You can add multiple robots that are currently available for Skype. Some of them are very fun to talk to. Additionally, various brands such as Foursquare, Getty Images, and IFTTT have released their own bots to interact with app users.
Slack is an application for managing telework teams. It has chats that are organized by theme. It has groups, rooms, and private messaging. Its main advantage is the integration with many third-party tools (Gmail, Drive, Asana, Twitter, Giphy…) and that it is multiplatform, even with an application for Apple Watch.
- You can group conversations by topic thanks to channels
Adding and removing users (your team) from channels is very easy and in no case will the messages that have been spoken on that channel be lost. All the conversations you have on a channel are public to all members of that channel.
- Create threads
Within a channel, you can only reply to a specific user. You can have the information organized by responding to a single user but always visible to everyone who is on that channel.
- Access to documents
You do not need to download the document to your hard drive or your mobile to view it.
StreamYard is a tool to broadcast live and broadcast on your social media channels. It offers numerous resources, even in the free account, which makes it stand out from the rest of this type’s applications. And it also has a few characteristics that make it special and different from the rest, which makes it an option with many advantages.
- It is very easy to use and intuitive. The learning curve in practice will be so smooth that you will gain a lot of talent from the beginning.
- It works from an Internet browser. You don’t need to download any add-on applications.
- You can broadcast simultaneously on different profiles of your social networks. Thanks to this, it has been very successful in recent months and has clearly become a success tool.
- Its high technical quality and stability.